What is Kings Wheels?
The KUCSC's bike program is referred to as Kings Wheels. Founded in 2010 by Paul Di Libero, King's Wheels allows Kings students to take out bikes to serve as an alternative way of transportation to and from your destination whether it be to main campus classes, the fitness center, friends houses, or for pleasure.
What is the King’s Wheels Program?
- A fleet of bikes is maintained and organized by the Students’ Council so that they may be available to the student populace at King’s.
- Students who have paid a yearly membership fee to the program have access to the bikes on a first come, first serve basis and are able to rent a bike for up to 30 days. The rental period is determined according to the date which the rental period commences.
- During the time that the program is running, the bikes will be locked up in front of the Faculty building. Bikes must be returned to this location at the end of the rental period.
- Members will be provided with a bike lock and it is a member’s responsibility to insure that all bikes are locked up whenever they are not in use.
- Helmets are available for members to use and we recommend that all cyclists wear a helmet when riding the bike.
- All keys must be returned to the King’s Connection on the last day of the month regardless of when the bike loan period started. Bicycles can be signed out for the next month on the first business day of the month.
Membership Sign up:
- Membership is open to current part-time and full-time King’s Students.
- A King’s Wheels Membership is $10.00 for the fall and spring of the academic year. During winter months, when snow would prevent the safe operation of a bicycle, the bicycles will be stored indoors.
- Each person who has a membership is required to sign a liability waiver.
- There is a $5.00 key deposit. When members return their key to the King’s Connection on or before the 30th of the month, their $5.00 will be refunded.
- Bikes can be rented from the King’s Connection in the Student Life Centre.
- A Western Student Identification Card must be presented upon rental.
- The King’s Connection Staff will record the student number and name of the student renting a bike, as well as the date of the rental.
- Students under the age of 18 are required to wear the helmet provided to them by the King’s Connection when they are riding the bike (as per stipulations in the waiver). A helmet will be provided for any student over the age of 18 but is not required by law.
- After presenting I.D., being confirmed as a member of the program, and having the date of the rental recorded, the King’s Connection staff will present the renter with a key to one of the bikes.
- The student then has access to the bike until the 30th of the month regardless of when the rental period began.
- All keys must be returned on or before the 30th of the month at which time the key deposit will be refunded.
- Students are responsible for the general upkeep of the bike during the rental period as well as the helmet and lock provided to them. Any significant damages to the property of the King’s Wheels Program brings with it a responsibility on the part of the student renting the equipment to pay reparations.
- Students who have damaged the equipment significantly will not be permitted to use the service until they have paid for those damages.
- Kings Connection Staff are responsible for recording any damages and complaints regarding the equipment.
Any questions regarding the program or policy can be forwarded to the email@example.com.